[C38] handicap access

Joseph Launie jlaunie at cox.net
Mon Jan 30 00:42:48 EST 2012

Hi,
I recently fell and cracked a bone in my leg. It has healed but I have
been in  a wheelchair for months. I have lost the strength in my legs
and am doing rehab to get it back. It is slow. I am getting around short
distances with a walker. I went sailing Sunday for the first time in
months. My crew essentially carried me on board.

     I want to know if anyone has ideas for getting handicapped folks on
board. I want to use the bosun's chair so they can haul me up. With
control lines I think they can pull it far enough aft to get me in the
helm cockpit. Once behind the wheel, I am fine. Any ideas? Joe
Launie/Macavity