[C38] Interior cushions

Pierre Patino pierre.patino at gmail.com
Wed May 23 15:32:07 EDT 2012

Hello again

I just spent a couple of hours reading past list items since 2005. I did
not find anything exactly matching my current question but I did learn a
lot more than I expected.

My interior cushions are old (vintage) and one of them just had the
upholstery split and I can see the white stuffing coming out. I tried
removing the cover but the zipper is frozen. I haven't tried extreme
measures but I think that it's time to consider replacing everything and
shifting my purchasing priorities.

Any suggestions for re-upholstering or replacing the old cushions?

By the way, I took the old sole carpet to a carpet store and they laid it
out on a grid of 2' by 2' rubber backed carpet tiles and they cut the
pattern out for me.  For the funky-shaped bits they seamed pieces of tiles
together. They charged me next to nothing for the tiles because they were
surplus and the labor was very reasonable. It was cheaper than cutting it
out of standard 12' roll and serging the edges.