[C38] Sports Illustrated C38 / Congressional Cup Article March 1980

Mark O'Dell mixedbusinesscontact at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 13:44:33 EDT 2012

Hey All...

I was just poking around on the C38 site when I noticed a comment from
Mark (Bluewater #6) about a Sports Illustrated article from March 1980
that mentions his boat in it's detailed recollection of the 1980 Cong
Cup race. I was interested so I went looking for it online.

Boom, the internet is an amazing place. Found it. Thought I would pass
it along to anyone that was interested. Kind'a cool. Enjoy.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1123294/1/index.htm

March 24, 1980
Split Sail, Split-second Victory
The Congressional Cup was decided by a torn spinnaker and the blink of an eye
by Coles Phinizy

Mark O'
Momentous #230