[C38] Starter solenoid? Universal diesel 24 hp

Marci Brown mb at seafor.us
Sun Oct 7 15:52:17 EDT 2012

Our "Check's in the Mail" has never had starter problems... until yesterday.
After glowplugs and throttle positioning, I turned the key. I heard the fuel
pump and starter motor in operation. However, the starter did not engage to
the engine after 3 tries. (The engine did not turn over at all.) Starter
solenoid trouble is my guess, and thanks to Tom Troncalli, we know we can
buy one at Advance Auto Parts (#28-5009/GP Sorenson brand). But first, I'd
like to hear your diagnostic experiences.
Marci J. Brown
Winthrop, MA
 <mailto:mb at seafor.us> mb at seafor.us