[C38] Need vote for dodger design

Craig Navion at Charter.net
Mon Jan 9 08:30:41 EST 2012

Max:  I also like option C .  "Wings" has a very similar dodger. On our
dodger you need to unsnap and fold in , the rear of the dodger, to  allow
the winch handle on the primary winch to swing around. We made snap in
window covers to give more shade when at anchor. We also used real
plexiglass in the dodger rather than the isenglass (sp?) . It it much better
for visibility.

Craig
"Wings"

-----Original Message-----
From: Max Soto
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2012 3:55 PM
To: Catalina 38 Listserve
Subject: [C38] Need vote for dodger design

Hi everybody, Estancia is back on the water after six months on the dry,
after a peeling, new epoxy bottom and steering system overhaul, etc.
I finally have all the materials, rails, etc, so  Next week I'll start with
the dodger project.
thanks to everyone that send dodger pics and gave advice.
The desings on the attached drawing are the finalists. According to
contemporary designs and the curves on the C38, I'm leaning a little bit
towards option C. With no removable side curtains and more shaded area to
protect from the sun.
What's your vote??? Any thoughts?? Opinion ???

Regards,
Max Soto
Estancia - C38 #198
Puntarenas, Costa Rica