[C38] Need vote for dodger design

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 13:07:51 EST 2012

ok, I guess option C is the winner.
I based that design on Steve S. dodger looks.. Iverson design, what could
go wrong?

Last weekend I was cutting and installing the frames, and noticed some
potential problems, like none of the  winch handles on the cabin top won't
make a full revolution,  so I installed the frames on the cabin side
instead of the top for more room. I gain 2" on each side and still looks
ok. Then, with the aft frame on position, installed 63" above the cockpit
floor (+1" diameter tube=64" total), that the primary winch handle also,
won't make a full revolution (as Mark noted a month ago). So my options are
removable side panels or a very short side panels.. I don't now if in warm
days, it will help to remove as much as possible from the dodger. Never
been on a boat with one installed! The front window will have a zipper so I
can open it.
The other concern is the change in direction on the lowest part of the
front window, right below the traveller. I have to redirect it forward to
the hatch cover. Some people are using some kind of rail or strut for a
tighter fit. When I checked Les's dodger on Jace, the dodger was a perfect
fit without anything holding it down, but it was made by a professional, so
I'll try to do it like it, and if I don't like the result, I install
something to hold it in place like the options I have seen in some of your
dodgers..

-Larry, by removable windows, you meant the ones on the sides or the full
dodger, so it will end like a bimini over the companionway?

-Tom, The connector piece is going to be made as soon as the dodger is
intalled.

-Steve S, with your dodger, can you turn a 10" winch handle completely on
the primaries without hitting the dodger?

Regards,

Max Soto

2012/1/9 Larry Malmberg <Larrypi at roadrunner.com>

> **
> Max, they all look good to me, we have our dodger windows zippered so they
> can easily be removed, you might want to consider that.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Larry Malmberg
> Team Hassle

Max Soto