[C38] mast winch

PAUL NOTTE panotte at shaw.ca
Mon Feb 20 03:08:57 EST 2012

To get up and down my mast I use a 5 part , or the same setup as the vang . I'm over 60 over weight and out of shape [ unless you count pear as a human shape ] with this setup and one person on deck I can pull myself up the mast without stopping. I run the head end up on the main halyard and use the spin halyard as the safety line . I stow all this with the bosun chair in an old military surplus bag . I think the line length is 330 ft of half inch.
  Paul
 Impulse 328