[C38] learning to read micrometers

Don Strong drstrong at ucdavis.edu
Wed Feb 29 09:46:15 EST 2012

Alas, alas, I learned while helping a friend rebuild the Briggs and
Stratton on his go cart, in junior high school. In high school, they
step up to the Vernier scale, which is of course French and totally foo
foo. Florida has renamed that scale the "Freedom scale" to go with their
Freedom fries.

Donald R. Strong
Professor
Dept. of Evolution and Ecology