[C38] Replacing jib halyard -

David Epstein davidepstein at earthlink.net
Sun May 20 15:04:50 EDT 2012

Hi Pierre,

My family just sold our Catalina 38 to a family only interested in
day sailing and cruising, so I have a bunch of racing equipment left
over to sell.   Included are a number of hi-tech halyards.   They are
mostly Samson Warpspeed 3/8" (the best as far as I am concerned) and
possibly some are Samson XLS Extra 3/8" (my second favorite).

These are all over 110" as our halyard winches were on the
deck.   Several were replaced due to chaffing from our original
clutches, but this will have occurred far past the length you will
need for mast mounted winches.   They were not on the boat more than
a year or two, and are otherwise in excellent condition.

I got great prices when I purchased the line, and paid over $250 each
for the Warpspeed halyard (including eye-splices), but I am willing
to sell them for $125 each (+shipping).   If you are interested in
the XLS Extra versions, I will verify that I have some and let you
know what the price would be.

Let me know if you are interested.

Regards,

David Epstein
(Formally) SuperStar, #122, Marina del Rey