[C38] Symetrical Spinnakers

Joseph Launie jlaunie at cox.net
Tue Jul 31 13:03:22 EDT 2012

Jay,
The J 105 can use a furling headsail and a chute because the headsail is
fractional. Since both the head sail and chute are masthead on the 38,
they compete for space. Just based on my experience - every time I would
furl the headsail when flying a chute, the furling drum at the top would
eat the chute halyard. Now you have a chute up you cannot get down. None
of the chants that I tried seem to work including MF - MF - MF.

     WE got rid of the headsail furler and kept the head foils. I have
just purchased a Karver Top Down Chute furler. it is scheduled to go on
this weekend. Will report. Joe