[C38] Symetrical Spinnakers & Stuff for Sale

David Epstein davidepstein at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 31 14:05:27 EDT 2012

Hi Jay,

I agree with Bill, if you are using a jib halyard, that would likely
be a problem.

For light sheets, we have just used some small line (3/16" or 1/4"),
and tied a bowline with a very long loop (about 4 feet), so that you
can tie it on the spinnaker without choking it in before taking the
heavy sheet off.  You will need to remember to restore the heavy
sheet before gybing.

I have all of the racing spinnakers off of SuperStar for sale, including:
Elliot Pattison .6 (1/2oz) Spinnaker, symmetrical, with Superman
logo, fair condition.  New ~$2,900, asking $450
Elliot Pattison? 3/4oz Spinnaker, symmetrical, with Superman logo,
fair condition. New ~ $2,800, asking $400
North 3/4oz Spinnaker, symmetrical, older style cut, very good
condition.  Asking $750
1.5oz Spinnaker, symmetrical, fair to good condition.   Asking $400

These are all in bags (turtles), and shipping costs would be added to
the total price.    Other sails I have for sail include several
headsails, including two carbon fiber jibs, one of which has seen
very little use, a jibtop reacher and a fair to good condition
mainsail.    I also have a bunch of other C38 equipment and parts
(the family who purchased SuperStar are not racers).   I will try to
post a list sometime soon...

Regards,

David Epstein
Formerly SuperStar, #122, Marina del Rey