[C38] Symetrical Spinnakers & Stuff for Sale

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 16:33:46 EDT 2012

Hi Jay, If I'm going to race, I use  the spinnaker pole, if not, I'll use
the tacker, attached to the furled sail. That's the way it is supposed to
be used. With a furler, you never have to take the sail down, unless you
have a foil, hank on sails, or just if you want to(when you have a
furler)... Let's say that it might be convenient on a race, without using a
sock, and when you'll the headsail to shadow the spinnaker.. In that pic,
the sail is a symmetrical spi, and it works, I won that race!! LOL. By
mistake of my crew, I found out that it is possible to furl or unfurl the
headsail qith the spi up. I just pull the tack line, that in this case
works as a downhaul, and lower the Tacker closer to the drum. In this case
the sail will roll with no problems..
A goos option is going Joe{s way, add a  bowsprit ) the sail luff can be
larger for better performance, and a spi furler.. couln{t be easier to
handle an A-sail. BTW, on my spi halyard, I use a bowknot for the shackle,
not a splice, and still never have jammed before...
Hopoe this helps!
Max[image: Imágenes integradas 1]