[C38] Bob Stay

Joseph Launie jlaunie at cox.net
Thu Nov 29 03:14:33 EST 2012

Steve,
     We are many thousands of dollars beyond your fix. We have a Seldon
adjustable sprit which projects out 42 inches past the head stay. (PHRF
hit us 15 seconds fo our new 19 foot J. ) We have a 1/2 oz assy chute
made for the 19 foot J which is fast in light air.The Karver furler sits
on the end of the Seldon. The karver needs a very tight halyard so
pressure upward on the sprit thus the bob stay. Got a drawing from a
J-120 from Sailing Anarchy fix-it thread.  So here we are. Joe