[C38] Prop strut crack

Pierre Patino pierre.patino at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 02:53:45 EST 2013

Hello All

My diver just sent me an email detailing a crack he found while cleaning
the boat today. He said he did not see it six weeks ago and I haven't
sailed it since November. There have been some storms but the marina is
well protected and this being San Francisco there is no snow or ice and the
temperature rarely drops below 40. He  said he pushed on the prop shaft and
noticed no motion or separation around the crack.

I beg on you experts for some advice on the course of action. The last
bottom job was performed just about a year ago and I also noticed a crack
(with the old paint) around the same place but it did not yield to my
prodding.

I'm enclosing the pictures.

Thanks in advance for your help