[C38] Another Toe Rail question

Ray Torok torok13731 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 21:34:05 EST 2013

I'm thinking about finding a way to mount two bow cleats on the deck just
behind the pulpit.

Has anyone looked at cutting gaps in the toe rail and mounting bow cleats
in the gap?  The idea would be to put them close enough to the rail so that
chocks are not needed (like they do on new boats), and leaving the bottom
part of the toe rail in place, so that lines going to the cleats rub on it
rather than the fiberglass edge of the boat.

I gotta believe someone out there has already figured this out (or knows
why it's a bad idea).

Thanks,

Ray
THIRA  #37