[C38] Solid Vang / Main Halyard Question

Joseph Launie jlaunie at cox.net
Fri Jan 4 14:41:58 EST 2013

Max,
     You may want to look at my traveler when the time comes. The
haarken traveler is not rated to bridge that wide an area. I reinforced
it with a bar of solid aluminum, 1/2 inch by 2 inches. I used the Harken
risers which are ligher and neater than the wooden blocks. The wooden
blocks were held on with 3   -  1/4 inch bolts, 6 inches long (they were
welded) Joe