[C38] Prop strut crack

Max soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 11:25:49 EST 2013

I'm with  Bill, it does has a lot of filling compound.. If he found no motion, and there is no weird new vibration while motoring, there shouldn't be a real problem...
Worst case scenario, if the strut is loose, it doesn't needs to be replaced, but need the filler to be removed, unbolt the strut (according to the Catalina C38 specs, on some models the strut was just fiberglased to the hull) to be pulled off,  put bedding compound bolt it again, and then filling it... Been there, done that!

Hope this helps..

Max Soto A.
+506-8312-1367
Alajuela, Costa Rica