[C38] Prop strut crack

charles at finn.ws charles at finn.ws
Mon Jan 28 12:02:27 EST 2013

Pierre,
I think you need to pull the boat and take a look.  While I hope this is
just a problem of filling compound failure....   the scrape on the
starboard side of the strut does not look like the normal wear you see
on the port side.  It kind of looks like perhaps an anchor chain or
cable scrape.
If you discover it is just filler... great!  But you should also check
your motor mounts as these type cracks can appear when the mounts
deteriorate.

If your dock can tolerate it, you might want to snug your lines up and
run the boat in forward and reverse to see if you have any new vibrations.

Let us know what you find!
Chuck Finn
Mighty Quinn  #114
Great Lakes