[C38] Prop strut crack

D McC cat38skip at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 28 13:11:26 EST 2013

Pierre,
I'm with the folks who see this as a 'normal' crack in the fairing compound. The strut on our boat looks very similar when we haul out. There is never any movement between the strut and hull. I grind away the loosened material and re-fair the strut.

Before You re-haul the boat, You might have the diver go down and see if he can feel any lateral movement in the strut.  If You are still concerned, See if You can get the yard to do a 'noon-hang' without having to put the boat on stands. Check for movement and if necessary do a re-caulking with a quick setting compound and re-splash.

Good Luck~!~

Dave

Catalina 38 #148 ~ Pretty Lady
San Francisco