[C38] Looking for a jib for Catalina 38

Steven Ribble steve.ribble at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 11:38:43 EDT 2013

Hi Patrick. I was going to go with one of the offshore (foreign) sailmakers
to save some money but ended up with a local loft. The sail
is Dacron rather than a high tech fiber but it has all the other bells and
whistles (draft stripes, luff foam, UV for when furled, numbers, etc. and
best of all, it comes with ongoing service when there's a problem. Once I
got it on the boat the sailmaker came out and we tweaked the rig to
optimize the sail's performance and, after my first year with it there was
a chafe point in the bolt rope and the loft fixed it for free. All of this
was covered in the $2,200 initial price.

Steve
Tittravate #64

--
Steve Ribble