[C38] Looking for a jib for Catalina 38

1derful at comcast.net 1derful at comcast.net
Wed Mar 20 11:46:42 EDT 2013

where do you live?

sounds like a great company

Patrick

----- Original Message -----

From: "Steven Ribble" <steve.ribble at gmail.com>
To: "Catalina 38 Listserve" <listserve at catalina38.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 8:38:43 AM
Subject: Re: [C38] Looking for a jib for Catalina 38

Hi Patrick. I was going to go with one of the offshore (foreign) sailmakers to save some money but ended up with a local loft. The sail is Dacron rather than a high tech fiber but it has all the other bells and whistles (draft stripes, luff foam, UV for when furled, numbers, etc. and best of all, it comes with ongoing service when there's a problem. Once I got it on the boat the sailmaker came out and we tweaked the rig to optimize the sail's performance and, after my first year with it there was a chafe point in the bolt rope and the loft fixed it for free. All of this was covered in the $2,200 initial price.

Steve
Tittravate #64

--
Steve Ribble