[C38] Whisker pole suggestions

Pierre Patino pierre.patino at gmail.com
Fri May 17 11:27:43 EDT 2013

Hello people

Thanks for the very good information. I just "wasted" two hours poring over
the recommendations from Forespar and I think I understand the bits I need.
I agree with Ray's pole length assessment. My partner however suggested we
get a longer pole in case we'd ever want to use it as a spinnaker pole. I'm
not sure that's possible of even desirable (a testament of our ignorance
and incompetence). We are not racers but we like to tinker.

I think the pole-stowing is the way to go. I hadn't thought about the track
length and I thank Ray for pointing it out. I assumed my mast's track
length must be the same as everyone's. I don't know how that's decided at
new-boat purchase time but I certainly wasn't part of the process. I'm
getting on the bosun's chair this weekend anyway for other repairs and will
measure it.

There's a site which is quoting around $1800 for pole, chocks and car (not
counting shipping). That's about 600 pints of beer or 150 standard happy
hour evenings...