[C38] Whisker pole suggestions

Larry Malmberg larrypi at roadrunner.com
Fri May 17 12:23:20 EDT 2013

I'll expand a bit on the whisker pole issue.  We were doing a race from Long
Beach CA to Newport Beach CA and had great winds.  Our spinnaker pole was
not operable, I don't remember why but it was, we decided to try the whisker
pole as a spinnaker pole.  It worked find for a short distance, a sudden
gust of wind and the pole bent like a hairpin.  They are not cheap, lesson
learned.  BTW we have ours locked down on the deck with the fittings usually
used for a spinnaker pole, works fine and we lash the reaching strut to the
whisker pole too.

Larry Malmberg

7231 Boulder Avenue #507

Highland, CA 92346

Telephone:  909-208-1847

Fascimiline: 909-991-7568

E Mail:  larrypi at roadrunner.com

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in
a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming; "WOW-- What a
Ride!"