[C38] Mast Tune and Loos readings

Steven Ribble steve.ribble at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 14:05:54 EDT 2013

Throw a block on the bale and run a line with a shackle from the bow/tack
(or whatever) through the block down the mast so you can tie it off and/or
tension it. My mast has a shackle tang about 3/4 way up that I did this to
and am using for my pole...until I get around to doing it the right way.

Steve

On Thursday, August 8, 2013, William Knowles wrote:

> I don't have one on the boat I use my spin halyard as an uphaul for my
> whisker pole. I have an asymmetrical chute, no pole. I do have a track and
> slide could push to the top of track and tie off will give it a try this
> weekend.
>

> On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 1:18 PM, Steven Ribble <steve.ribble at gmail.com>wrote:
>
> Sorry, I meant uphaul for your pole (we use the terms interchangeably).
> On Aug 8, 2013 1:08 PM, "William Knowles" <whk1965 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> My topping lift holds up the boom but I could use main halyard with a
> slide about  half way up the mast and a line to bow or stern.
>
> Thanks Bill
>

> On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 12:37 PM, Steve Smolinske <
> SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com> wrote:
>
> Tighten you aft and forward lowers. ****
>
> ** **

Steve Ribble