[C38] Cracks by Stem Fitting

Charles Finn charles at finn.ws
Fri Sep 6 12:30:57 EDT 2013

Ray,
Obviously there is more to this as you just did some kind of repair for
some reason.  The best way to find if there is a problem is to discover
whether the cracks are superficial or structural.  Take a small grinder,
mototool, or even a screw driver and gouge the gelcoat out of the
cracks.  IF the crack does not extend into the glass, you fix the
gelcoat and call it a day. IF the crack extends into the glass, then you
have a structural repair which will require you to first cut out and
then rebuild. Here is hoping this is superficial!

Chuck Finn
Mighty Quinn  #114
Great Lakes