[C38] acid deforms the joker and flapper valves

Don Strong drstrong at ucdavis.edu
Fri Sep 6 14:13:24 EDT 2013

Steve:
   Take care with the acid, which indeed does dissolve the crystals or
scale, as it is known.
Use very dilute acid, then flush with fresh water. I have found that
flushing with fresh water,
about a quart pumped through, prevents the scale and preserves the two
valves. I have a
friend who flushes vegetable oil in the second slug of fresh water.

I look forward to your article.
Don