[C38] Cracks by Stem Fitting

Max soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 17:06:39 EDT 2013

Hi Ray, also, please send me those pics.

I have replaced my head stem a couple of times. When I bought Estancia 12 years ago, there was a crack between the bolt in the bow, so I replaced it with the same 1/4", but didn't feel safe because the stainless was Chinese, so I replaced it a few years later with a 1/2" plate when the furler was installed.. So, I can say that I know that area pretty well..

Right know I'm in the middle of replacing all the chainplates. Just replaced the two for the shrouds. When I get back to Costa Rica I'll start replacing the ones for the lowers..
Cabinet will have to be disassemble, but that's the only way to go...

Regards,
Max Soto A.
+506-8312-1367
Alajuela, Costa Rica