[C38] The loss of Hull #280

Charles Finn charles at finn.ws
Fri Dec 13 10:15:36 EST 2013

Craig,
Terrible News!
With all the planning and work you and your wife did on her!
I am so happy you folks are ok!
What went regarding "steerage?"  Maybe this is something all of us
should attend to?
This is the second boat of folks I know that had to abandon in this
area....   The last group got picked up by a freighter and ended up in
Germany! Their boat was sighted several times adrift of a year.
Sometimes this area is too quiet and you end up motoring and sometimes
it is just hell day after day.  Even with the best forecasting, they
just cannot get a reliable picture of where you were!
All the best to you and here is hoping for a quick and successful recovery!

Chuck Finn
Commodore
Mighty Quinn  #114
Great Lakes