[C38] The loss of Hull #280

Craig Sailor6147 sailor6147 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 13 11:13:40 EST 2013

Chuck,   The rudder itself appeared to be OK. The steering quadrant was OK. I am guessing that the welds that attach the rudder to the shaft broke and the rudder shaft was just turning inside the rudder. In the big mixed seas, we were getting tossed like a ping pong ball in a washing machine....Mama is not thrilled about buying another boat....We're looking at diesel motorhomes now.....

Craig