[C38] NORPAC

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Sat Apr 19 02:39:38 EDT 2014

NW fleet

If youre looking for an excuse to use your boats in July check out
NORPAC http://www.seattleyachtclub.org/files/NORPAC%202014.pdf it is a
cruiser styled regatta held in Barkley Sound July 13-18, it is non
flying sails consists of one race per day M,T,Th and F (sail from one
anchorage to the next)with a lay day on Wednesday at Eagle Nook Resort,
includes a barbeque and potluck  and an awards dinner at the Ucluelet
aquarium on Friday night.  Typically the fleet meets in Sooke on the
12th and motors up to Barkley on the 13th.  It's a great way to get to
the wild side of Vancouver island with the safety of other boats.   This
is our third year doing this cruise.  It is sponsored by the Seattle
Yacht Club and is open to all boaters.  Yours truly is the chairman this
year it is held every other year.   Registration is limited to 30 boats
and is already 50% full.  Registration deadline is June 15th but if you
wait that long it will most likely be filled up.  After the week you can
stay and explore the area sounds or head back with other boats. (a big
plus for comfort level as sometime there is fog in the straits, well its
called Faugust for a reason).  If you can make it work it's a great
week, don't worry about the racing aspect it is very low keyed, Sherri
and I will be crewing Peregrine ourselves.

Steve

#312 Peregrine

Seattle