[C38] lazy jacks

Donald Strong drstrong at ucdavis.edu
Mon May 12 08:43:34 EDT 2014

Pierre:
I designed and installed lazy jacks on Discreet Charm for about $50. You can buy them for
several hundred bucks, much less than roller furling boom. The lazy jacks work very well for
reefing and dousing the mainsail.  I can do both reefing and dousing alone. These expensive
sailing features can fail, when simpler ones do not.
Don