[C38] Cranker

William Knowles whk1965 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 13:01:07 EDT 2014

Just wanted to give an update on a product I bought and tried this past weekend. I bought a Milwaukee 28 volt right angle remanufactured from CPO cost $300. We bought the ultimate cranker, and cover which comes with a filler piece.  With this system you remove the chuck and install the cranker, you must drill a small hole for a set screw to run the drill in reverse not hard. The results are in we raced this weekend and this thing is great. pulls in the 135 like a dream have to be careful as it is so powerful I think it can break stuff. Also don't floor it right away it may break your arm, but once you get it down trimming is soooo easy. Next week up the mast. Only draw back I see is it a little heavy but once in the winch weigh nothing, I am going to rig some sort of safety line so if dropped doesn't go overboard. For about $400 every which on the boat becomes an electric winch.  I have no connection to cranker just wanted to pass info along.

Bill Flying Goose 324