[C38] Hot Water Heater

Charles Finn charles at finn.ws
Wed Mar 19 20:19:03 EDT 2014

Rick!
Welcome aboard!  Where is your port of call?
I think most of us have the 6 gallon Seaward model that costs about
$255.  I just replaced mine last fall and it was relatively easy if you
have cut out the engine side/floor of your port lazarette.   While you
are in there, it is a good time to inspect the aft end of your engine,
steering gear and condition of the bottom side of your cockpit
flooring!  Also a good time to clean out the heat exchanger and check
transmission levels.  OK, OK! I know that sounds like a long list, but
it will be worth your time with the heater out.
You might also want to check:  rear engine mounts, hose clamps, bolts
around transmission housing (they sometimes vibrate loose), supporting
the wiring and wire harness...
I take an old foam sleeping bag pad and a boat seat (for my head) to be
comfortable.  Given all I have suggested... maybe you want to bring a lunch?

All the best,
Chuck Finn
Mighty Quinn #114
Great Lakes