[C38] Upcoming C38 Nationals: A Special Request!

Charles Finn charles at finn.ws
Tue Mar 25 11:58:42 EDT 2014

I realize we are all busy and scheduling is difficult, but we have our
yearly C38 event quickly approaching and it is time to  let us know
whether you can attend!

As the folks from San Francisco who hosted our 2012 & 2013 series will
heartily confirm, planning an event like our Nationals is no small
undertaking.  It takes a lot of planning and most of it takes place
behind the scenes.  We have a great team planning our 2014 Nationals and
THEY NEED YOUR HELP!

Please let them know as soon as possible regarding your intentions! We
need to know NOW whether you think your boat can make it. Remember!
This race is 95% FUN!  If your boat can make it to the event...
regardless of your "race readiness"....  You will be part of this race
and I guarantee you will have a great time!
IF your boat cannot make it, but you can....  Let us know!  There will
be room on participating boats and I can personally attest that  it is
more fun sailing and hanging out with other C38ers than you can imagine!

One thing to BEWARE of:  You cannot believe all the cool changes our
skippers have made to their boats over the years!  From race tweaks to
comfort amenities for live aboards, you will see it all!  For example,
Steve Smolinske has a lean, mean racing machine, while our friend Paul
has about the best on board, efficient heating system I have seen!   So
beware that attending will give you all sorts of ideas for projects on
your own boat!  The good news is you will see things that really work!

PLEASE!  Before you close this email!  Let Steve know you will be
coming!  His email is:  SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com

This will be an experience you will talk about for years to come!

Regards,
Chuck Finn
Commodore
Catalina 38 International Association