[C38] Boom Furling

Dick Kilroy dickkilroy at comcast.net
Mon May 12 13:08:35 EDT 2014

Pierre: I have sailed frequently on a friends Cambria 44 which is equipped with a Leisure Furl Boom. The longest trip was from Bermuda to Virgin Gordon. The unit works flawlessly. There were some initial problems with the slides up the mast, when these were resolved everything was fine.

However on Dashaway lazy jacks are installed, unlike Don I did not design them myself. I used an article in Good Old boats July August 2001 issue written by a fellow named Guy Stevens. His design cost about 70 dollars They have worked very well for both reefing and lowering the main.

The choice is yours.

Good luck in whatever you do

Dick