[C38] Electrical Problem

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Sun Jun 8 01:45:15 EDT 2014

Attached is the article I wrote for mainsheets (plagiarizing large
amounts of Tom's article) along with my schematics and Tom's schematics.
I ended up in the end upgrading the alternator, pulling out all of the
boats wiring and replacing everything with oversized marine grade
wiring, this included pulling all the engine wiring and replacing with
direct runs rather than a harness or bus bar.  One change in my
schematic was the inclusion of 100 amp fuses at each terminal of the ACR
7610 charging relays, Tom mentioned in his post to be sure to put heavy
fuses at the alternator and battery ends, I originally overlooked that
and that is why it is not included on the schematic.  It is an ABYC
requirement.

Steve