[C38] new headsail

Joseph Launie jlaunie at cox.net
Fri Jun 13 23:18:24 EDT 2014

David,
     We are hull number 365 in Santa Barbara. We were cruisers long ago
but took the first steps down the slippery slope to racing. We have a
Harken split drim furler which can be taken off for racing leaving twin
headsail grooves. For cruising, the furling sail can be put right back
on.  I suggest you find a good sailmaker and let him advise you on what
to do. We work with Deke Klatt  at Ullman. Deke is a J-24 world champion
among other things but is very laid back and easy to work with. I think
you will get dissatisfied racing with cruising sails. Been there - did
not work. Before you spend a dime I suggest you some up to SAnta Barbara
some weekend when you are not racing in MDR to look over Macavity and
sail with us. Our boat is much modified. We sail or race every sunday
and wednesday. Last wednesday we got first in a 16 boat fleet.  I have
been told that significant others can find something to do in Santa
Barbara whatever her interests. Call me cell 805-451-6388. Joe