[C38] Maxprop setting

Michael Norcross manorcross at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 07:31:58 EDT 2014

A few years back I had an issue with getting the revs up on the 3 blade classic maxprop, which was associated with black smoke when I pushed it. After several tries I ended up going down on the pitch, to believe it or not,  14 degrees according to the Maxprop manual calculations. When the exhaust riser finally fell apart I had the thought that the exhaust was compromising the output of the motor. With a new riser, the motor runs cleaner, but the boat is slow. Since I have the boat out of the water, I was going to reset the prop. Does anyone have a Maxprop and what settings are you using? i have the original Universal 5424 and a 2:1 ratio in the transmission.

Mike Norcross
Escape 318
Annapolis