[C38] Freshwater

D McC cat38skip at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 23 22:39:59 EDT 2014

Richard,
If the leak is in the low-pressure side then check the tank outlet. The threads are easily damaged and will leak if not well sealed, Also, check any nylon connectors. They deform easily and will leak. Replace them all with Marelon or brass.  This is especially serious in the hot water tubing of the pressurized side of the system. Pulling the tubing through may be hampered by straps or hangers securing the existing tubing in the 'dark spaces' beneath the cabin sole.
On a more serious note, our water tank tore open at the top seam due to the short bulkhead just aft of the tank warping away from the tank. That repair is an entirely different issue........

Dave McCarthy

Alt-Email: sailmates at yahoo.com
Catalina 38  #148  (1982)  PRETTY LADY

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in sailing.