[C38] Freshwater

Mark Lewis mwlewis2025 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 11:48:23 EDT 2014

Richard,  I just had a Crack in the original tank repaired by Ronco here in
socal (they are the OEMs for our tanks and will repair them for $40).
Replaced my lines with 1/2" clear lead free tubing. It was cheap at .45 a
ft,  but they are so soft the pump runs an extra second to pressurize each
time you use it.  The harder tubing might be worth the extra buck a ft.

My pump is mounted next to the tank under the vberth.   The early 38s (#6),
have a step with a door under the vberth where you have an open space.  My
lines run under the port side to the head and galley sinks.  It was
original half inch copper tubing that had turned black inside. ..water came
out black from bending the tubing to get it out.  If anyone still has
copper I'd put replacement on the project list.

Mark