[C38] hull 95?

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Sun Dec 28 20:45:28 EST 2014

Greg,

When the mast is down think about a tricolor, anchor strobe light
combination.  Swap out the incandescent for an LED light (ours draws .1
amp), look into upgrading vhf coax cable, If you think you may want a
mast head wand for wind in the future decide now on the brand and
install the cable, probably should look at replacing the sheaves they
may still be the original ones designed for wire. Pull spreaders and
inspect the bolts old wire halyards may have sawn through them to one
extent or the other.

With the boat out of the water and cutlass bearing being replaced drop
the rudder and have them insert a sleeve, (upcoming article) your boat
like most probably has the wiggly rudder cap.

With the engine out great opportunity to install white board on the
starboard side near the fuel tank, I used that area to install two
Raycor fuel filters and two fuel pumps.  Now I can easily switch between
filters and in the event of a fuel pump failure (I have had 3) all I
need to do is turn two valves and flip the power switch from one to the
other and presto still going.  Also a good time to get in and insulate
under and around the ice box and to install noise damping materials too.

Prior to reinstalling the rig, clean out the chain plate openings,
reinstall rig put the chain plate covers in place and tune but do not
seal the chain plates prior, wait until after the rig is tuned then seal
the chain plates.  If you do it first then when you tighten the rig and
the chain plates move your seal may break, you'll have better luck
sealing them after all the tension is placed on the rig.  Check your
bails at the mast head for wear,

Steve
Peregrine #312
Seattle