[C38] Davits

Greg S. Hart ghart at follysbestrentals.com
Tue Mar 24 09:48:32 EDT 2015

Good Morning,

I am wondering what everyone does with their dinghy when they are cruising?  Does anyone have davits or davit horror stories?

We have purchased a 12’ rigid inflatable with a 15 Yamaha and I want to be able to keep it safe and accessible.

Your thoughts and suggestions are much appreciated.

As a way of an update, Folly’s Best is still on the hill. We had her pulled and are having the engine and transmission rebuilt, hull and bottom painted, mast pulled rewired and all new LEDs installed along with a new back stay, new electronics and air conditioning installed.  Yes a boat is a hole in the water into which we pour money.  But I figured she has fine lines, she just needed a lot of TLC.

Happy Sailing

Greg Hart

Hull # 95