[C38] Fulex - Headfoil shaving on forestay

Marc-Andrea Klimaschewski marcklim at outlook.com
Wed Aug 12 00:01:42 EDT 2015

Apologies for generating a lot of traffic on this list lately.
I have a Furlex furler on my boat. Had a rigger take a look a the standing rigging and he noticed that there is a dent in the aluminum headfoil and that it is shaving on the forestay. He also noticed that 'the little plastic part up there is almost gone'.
I assume the Furlex is the original one that came with the boat. Have you guys had similar problems? According to Selden, the plastic piece seems to be called 'Top guard / bearing' (http://www.seldenmast.com/en/products/furlex_jib_furling_and_reefing_systems/furlex_304s.html), has anyone replaced this already? Where did you get a replacement?
On a separate note, has anyone replaced the furler completely? I have been looking into a Harken MKIV unit since the drum comes off for racing. Any experiences to share?
Thanks a lot for all your helpmarc