[C38] Thank you!!!

SkipMeisch skip at skipmeisch.com
Sat Sep 26 05:08:35 EDT 2015

I joined this email list earlier this year with the intent of gathering more
information about the Catalina 38 S&S as part of my search for my next boat.
I recently made a tentative offer on a bare bones 1983 model C38 which
needed lots of upgrades and work. That offer wasn't accepted before I found
another boat which offered more value for the dollar and had most of the
things I had originally wanted in my next boat.

I want to thank everyone on this list who offered advice both directly to my
questions and indirectly through other topics. You have been a great help!

However my final decision has been to buy a 1984 Cherubini model Hunter 37
Cutter.

I have been a loyal Catalina owner and fan since 1998 (C22, C27) and felt
that switching to a Hunter would be repulsive. But the Cherubini models are
very solid and reputable boats. I was having many misgivings about the C38 I
was looking at, so I think it wasn't the right boat for me. This Hunter 37
is fairly well equipped and will need very little work to make it fit my
needs.

I'll be signing off this list in the next few days.
Again, Thank you for all the help!!!

Skip Meisch
Rigging & Boat Maintenance
(360) 969-2726
skip at skipmeisch.com
s/v Slow Flight - 1984 Hunter 37C HUN37367M84H
Port Of Poulsbo Marina
Poulsbo, WA