[C38] Battery replacement

Don Strong drstrong at ucdavis.edu
Wed Jan 7 16:19:58 EST 2015

Richard: I have four batteries, three for a refer and one starting
battery, wired professionally by the previous owner. The refer died
about 5 years ago and I say, good riddance. In 12 years, I have replaced
them twice. The first time was two years after purchase. I replaced them
with top of the line marine batteries from NAPA auto parts. They lasted
9 years, and all failed about the same time. I went back to NAPA for the
replacements. The key to long battery life was recommended by a friend,
who is an electrical engineer. It worked for 9 years. Keep them charged
to about 75% or 80%.  And, don't leave them with a very low charge.
Don