[C38] Edson binnacle clutch shaft

Don Strong drstrong at ucdavis.edu
Tue Apr 14 09:47:41 EDT 2015

Pierre: Thanks for pointing this out. The fuel and shift levers on the
ancient Edson pedestal of Discreet Charm are horribly difficult.
The replacement rig that is in the image is here
(http://www.edsonmarine.com/marinestore/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1084).
It is $408 from Edson. I might spring for this upgrade, but will spend a
day taking the old one apart again, and measuring.
Don

On 4/13/15 11:34 PM, Pierre Patino wrote:
> Hello All
>
> We managed to shear the screw connecting the shift lever to the shaft
> that pulls the transmission cable. After taking the the top part of
> the binnacle apart and disconnecting the cable I discovered that there
> is a LOT of friction just on the shaft. Lacking tools and time I
> decided to do some more research.
> Has anybody tackled this? Is there a way to rebuild the transmission
> shaft assembly? I could not see any obvious way to take it apart.
> There is a kit (
> http://images.jamestowndistributors.com/woeimages/marinesupplies/large/51294.jpg
> ) available that would seem to solve the problem but it contains more
> bits than immediately necessary.
>
> Thanks to all for your time.
>
> Cheers

Donald R. Strong