[C38] Edson binnacle clutch shaft

Max soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 10:57:11 EDT 2015

Don,
The pedestal on Discreet Charm was made by  Yacht Specialties, which was acquired by Edson in the early 80's. You should check on their website if the new Edson controls are compatible..
Hopefully, the diameter and bolt pattern will be the same and they will be compatible...
In the attached pic you'll see the Edson plastic cable holder, which is the main difference.. It is bolted a few inches below the wheel saft, instead of the brass cable holder that you should have for each control... If I'm not mistaken!

Pierre, of course it can be rebuilt.. If you have the original Edson controls, they should look like
The one on the pic, except for the levers, which I replaced a while ago..
Note that there is a locking bolt on both sides. If you remove it, there shouldn't be any problem to remove the shafts...
They have bearings,  that because of the friction they will start developing some play over the years, so they should be easy move instead of being hard....
Grease them!

Max Soto A.
+506-8312-1367
Alajuela, Costa Rica