[C38] Edson binnacle clutch shaft

Pierre Patino pierre.patino at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 11:06:18 EDT 2015

Hello Again

After some more digging, I found this tidbit :
http://www.lordsprayerlog.com/The%20Boat/Equipment%20Documents/Edson%20Steering/EB372SteeringInspection.pdf

Notice the line: Replace Delrin Bushings if deteriorated or stiff #960-A-125

These bushings are $8 or so.

Talked to Edson, here's the scoop: You need to disconnect the cables from
the levers and then tap the shafts ("softly") towards the binnacle's center
to remove them. Then replace the bushings. The old ones may be pushed out
as the new ones are installed or they might need some convincing with a
flat head screwdriver.
Don't forget to remove the set screws before attempting to tap the levers
out. The set screws are meant to add friction and they push against the
bushing on the groove on the lever's shaft.

Yet another day fixing stuff...