[C38] Under Contract - Some questions

Charles Finn charles at finn.ws
Tue Jun 2 17:48:42 EDT 2015

Danny,
You will love the boat as it has the pedigree to do what you describe.

1. I have had a profurl for over 10 years and over 20,000 miles with no
trouble.  You do need to go with the close to the deck configuration.
2. Steve Smolinske really likes Island Planet sails and I personally
know how fast his boat is!  But, are many sailmakers out there and we
all seem to have preferences.  If money is short, shop Bacon Sails or
Minney's for used sails.  Sometimes you get lucky!
3. Now that I have a dodger and bimini.....  what the hell was I
thinking all those years sailing without it?  I guess I just like
rolling dice with melanoma?  Best way is to have one custom fitted.
Make SURE you can see the sails, sea and other boats!
4. The mast step fix is on our website.
5.  Make sure the surveyor sounds your deck for voids and checks for
moisture.  I would be surprised if there was none as we have a cored
deck and cabin.  Unless things are real bad, this should not be a deal
killer.  Just get it fixed.
Have the surveyor look at your rigging, especially around turnbuckles.

Best,
Chuck Finn
Commodore