[C38] exhaust riser

S Orton ssorton at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 1 01:26:29 EDT 2015

Ten years ago, I purchased a new riser from Catalina Direct fabricated from  welded stainless pipe for my 5425- no  problems since.  Steve O

From: maxsoto at gmail.com
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 14:52:18 -0600
To: listserve at catalina38.org; sportscinema at earthlink.net
Subject: Re: [C38] exhaust riser

Hi David, I  made this one three months ago for Estancia's new engine.
I bought the stainless parts on a hardware store and took the to a weld shop.  They fabricated the two flangers.  I reused my new engine riser elbow, but for the 5425 you just need to insert a smaller diameter threaded pipe in the last curve, and it will last for a long time.  It was so cheap this way.
The one I made for my old 5424 was made out of threaded pipes.  It was very easy to install and align, but the threads needed to be sealed real good to avoid exhaust leaks.
Hope this helps!

Max Soto
C38 Estancia
+506-8312-1367